A reliable, high performance, industrial quality CNC control, Acorn utilizes an integrated 1Ghz ARM Cortex A8 Motion Control CPU and communicates with the CNCPC via a fast and reliable Ethernet connection. Perfect for many types of machine tools such as: CNC Lathes/Turning Centers, CNC milling machines, and a wide variety of CNC routers of all sizes, as well as Plasma, Flame, 3D printers and other specialty CNC applications. Compatible w/ axis motors of all types such as: AC brushless servo motor drive packages like Estun, DMM, Delta,Teco,Teknic,Panasonic,Yaskawa and others. (any motor/drive that accepts step and direction commands) Most all stepper motor drives are compatible with the Acorn such as the popular Gecko and Leadshine stepper drives. Acorn is capable of both Open Loop CNC operation as well as Hybrid Loop CNC operation. The Acorn runs on Centroid proven industrial quality Mill or Lathe CNC control software.
Centroid Acorn CNC controller kit (part # 14455) includes:
– Acorn CNC control board w/BBG
– Dual power 5 and 24 VDC logic power supply (50/60 Hz 100-120 VAC OR 208-240 VAC input power)
– Logic power supply hookup leads
– 110 VAC power cord
– 15′ Shielded Ethernet cable
– Centroid CNC12 “Free” CNC Mill and Lathe software download
– Touch Screen Responsive Operator Controls
– CNC Setup Wizard
– DIY self service CNC support thru Centroid Community CNC Forum which is Centroid Technician monitored and maintained.
– DIY CNC Videos covering a wide array of subjects
– Simple hookup diagrams
Note: Optional Factory Direct Technical Support is available: $90/hr.
A 1920×1080 widescreen LCD Display Touch Screen is recommended
Windows 10 CNC PC required, SSD and CPU with single core benchmark of 1500 or higher recommended for short vector pre processing (G code smoothing) and/or 3D digitizing
Centroid Acorn Pro level CNC software with an additional CNC feature set is available.
Made in USA.
- 4 axis CNC Controller kit for Mill, Lathe, Router, Plasma and other specialty CNC machine tools
- On-board motion control CPU (Beagle Bone Green ARM cortex A8) with Ethernet communication to the CNCPC
- 8 inputs 8 outputs, Easy Setup Wizard, Legacy DB25 connector, command stepper motors and AC brushless motors
- Runs on Centroid industrial Mill and Lathe CNC software (Windows 10), Touch Screen Operators Control panel
- Spindle Encoder input, VFD Spindle control analog output, Industrial CNC features at DIY price