Hougen Manufacturing HMD927 portable magnetic drill, the power feed.
This new model offers a major performance improvement to the mid-range line of Hougen magnetic drills. The HMD927 has the power to drill holes up to 1-5/8″ (41mm) in diameter and offers great power to weight ratio by giving steel fabricators more strength and torque while still maintaining the small lightweight footprint.
The HMD927 has a number of new features and innovations not seen on previous models of Hougen drills. The newest innovation is the mag drill pilot light. The LED light is built into the base of the magnet and allows the operator to more efficiently and quickly line up the pilot with the holes center location in low light or no light conditions. Powering the drill is a proprietary two speed Hougen motor. The two speeds help maximize tool life and increases torque when using larger diameter cutters. The addition of a two stage magnet increases magnetic holding power by 30% when the drill motor is turned on. This saves energy and increases magnet life. A new arbor system utilizes a 5/8″ slot drive for more rigidity, hole accuracy and quicker use of accessories such as drill chucks and tapping attachments.
The power feed HMD927 has many additional features that make the drill easier to use; an integrated coolant bottle which is conveniently located and does not add to the width of the drill, a more robust housing design with an ergonomic carrying handle, a spot to hold the hex wrench, and a d-ring on the back of the magnet for quickly attaching the safety chain.
MADE IN USA
- ✔️The Hougen HMD927 is a powerful two speed power feed mag drill with great power to weight ratio, Large 1-5/8″ x 2″ capacity.
- ✔️Powerful high torque Hougen motor and gears, Two Speed gearbox – 250 and 450 RPM.
- ✔️Pilot light for low light conditions and greater hole accuracy, Smart technology optimizes feed rate for increased tool life and excellent hole quality. Single handle to engage power feed system, Selectable manual/power feed mode.
- ✔️Two stage magnet – 30 percent increase in power when motor is turned on. Positive slug ejection, Integrated coolant bottle, Lift detector safety system.
- ✔️Included: Hougen HMD927, pint of coolant, safety chain, and hex wrenches. Made In USA.